IRflex Corporation offers a challenging career path and exciting work environment where employees are encouraged to leverage their knowledge and experience in ways to benefit both the company and their own individual career development.
IRflex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
IRflex participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program. Under this program, IRflex will provide to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, information from each employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization in United States.
IRflex Corporation seeks highly motivated, intelligent individuals who are dedicated to excellence, enjoy working in their chosen profession, and who bring a positive attitude to the workplace.
If you like a fast-paced, high-performance work environment, then you are welcome to read on for current opportunities.
Due to the nature of our work in the government contract research area, US Citizenship or permanent resident status is a firm requirement.
Position: Production Engineer / Mid-IR fiber product
Immediate superior: Program Manager (subject to change on notice of the company)
Summary: The Production engineer has a strong electrical, physics and optical background to support the production, packaging and characterization of the company fiber-optic devices. This is an exempt salary position.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Collaborate in the mechanical and electrical design, packaging and production of the company fiber devices.
- Use customized equipment and devices for the fiber test and measurement and the glass fabrication.
- Use control systems and data acquisition software.
- Follow the standards and procedures for the production and assembly of the company fiber devices.
- Improve production processes and optimize the performance of equipment.
- Follow procedures to produce and/or collect all reports and documents to ensure production control, planning and monitoring.
- Define, schedule and establish normal and preventive maintenance of all equipment and tools used in the production of fiber devices.
- Ensure calibration of equipment and other apparatus used for fiber test and measurement, fiber devices production.
The list of responsibilities and tasks listed above is summarized and not limitative. This is not a complete and detailed list of responsibilities and tasks that may be performed by the incumbent.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- B.S. degree in Electrical, or Optical Engineering, or Physics with a focus in fiber optics/photonics.
- Optics experience desired (fiber optics, bulk optics, electro-optics, laser).
- Relevant hands-on or laboratory experience in high-tech facility with solid physics background and R&D experience on a variety of optical devices and their design, fabrication, characterization, calibration, testing and data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of computer software applications, such as MS Office, NI LabView, 3D CAD, etc.
- Voice opinions in a constructive manner, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with the willingness to learn.
- Strong team player but also able to work in a self-directed manner.